[pmwiki-users] Preformatted Text and Paragraph Indent

Pico pmwiki at ben-amotz.com
Thu Oct 19 06:01:26 CDT 2006

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 15, 2006 at 05:45:23PM -0400, The Editor wrote:
>> One thing that has irked me for a while is users that accidently leave
>> a space at the beginning of a line and then write a long paragraph,
>> messing up my display.  Is there some way to disable it?
>
> At present, no, but I know it needs to be possible.
>
> But I also need to ask:  When you ask if there's some way to
> "disable it", are you asking to entirely disable the
> "leading spaces produce preformatted text" rule in PmWiki?

I have been wanting an option to turn this off both for commenting
(entry by novice users) and for specialized uses (where white space
within preformatted text will cause a skin to change the font, causing
text to mis-align).

Escape sequence wygwnsy ("what you get will not surprise you")
PITS/00773

Markon, Markoff
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.wiki.pmwiki.user/32018/focus=32022

White-space=pre