[pmwiki-users] Auth User: Expiration of session

kirpi at kirpi.it kirpi at kirpi.it
Wed Oct 18 09:12:52 CDT 2006

> You need a custom directory for storing sessions, and to set
> the time for session expiration.
>
> At the top of local/config.php, add:
>
>     session_save_path('work.d');
>     ini_set('session.gc_maxlifetime', 1200);
>
> Here, 1200 indicates the number of seconds for which a session
> is valid (1200 == 20 minutes).
>
> You'll need to create the 'work.d' directory and give the
> webserver appropriate permissions to it.  You'll probably
> also want to copy the .htaccess file from wiki.d/ into work.d/ .

Oddily, it *did* work once, and never more.

* I created the work.d directory and set it 755.
* Copied the .htaccess file that I found into wiki.d
* The first lines of local/config.php now show:

<?php if (!defined('PmWiki')) exit();
    session_save_path('work.d');
    ini_set('session.gc_maxlifetime', 60);

(60 seconds was set just for testing)

Yet it doesn't kick me out of the session after one or two minutes of
inactivity.
Did I misunderstand anything?

Luigi