[pmwiki-users] Pagelist problems (pretty advanced)

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Mon Oct 16 13:27:17 CDT 2006

On Oct 16, 2006, at 1:18 PM, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 14, 2006 at 11:15:14AM -0400, Crisses wrote:
>> The problem is probably in the "order".  This pagelist format is
>> called from Category/GroupFooter with:
>>
>> (:if name Category.Period-* :)
>> (:pagelist link=Category.{$Name} group=Simile fmt=#periodcatlist
>> list=normal order=$:Year,$:Work,$:WAuthor :)
>> (:ifend:)
>
> Do you really want to be searching on the Simile group,
> as opposed to the Data-Simile group?  In other words, which
> group contains the pages with the "Year: ..." markups?
>
> Pm

No -- the Category group links are not on the Data-Simile pages.  The
Category links are on the Simile/Page itself.  i.e. link=Category.X
will be on Simile.PageName  -- If I switch this to Data-Simile, the
category pages are all blank.

The pagelists should be taking care of all the data lookups.

So I need to grab the variables from Data-PageName for the order:

(:pagelist link=Category.{$Name} group=Simile fmt=#periodcatlist
list=normal order={Data-{$BaseName}$:Year},{Data-{$BaseName}$:Work},
{Data-{$BaseName}$:WAuthor} :)

I tried that, and it works BETTER (much better):
http://similepedia.com/index.php/Category/Period-20thCentury

It's the lower of the two pagelists on the page -- the top one is the
old format.  A definite improvement, but the dates aren't sorted
correctly.  How do you change the sort order?
1930
1939
1937

Is it descending?  Or just screwed up because it's all numeric?

The Author name list:
(:pagelist link=Category.{$Name} group=Simile fmt=#authorcatlist
list=normal order={Data-{$BaseName}$:Work} :)
as seen on http://similepedia.com/index.php/Category/Author-
SteinbeckJohn
fails (there should be 2 books listed)

The Year list:
(:pagelist link=Category.{$Name} group=Simile fmt=#yearcatlist
list=normal order={Data-{$BaseName}$:Work},{Data-{$BaseName}
$:WAuthor} :)
fails to sort & group on http://similepedia.com/index.php/Category/
Year-2006

So that's not the answer.  I'm not going to do the others yet, since
it only seemed to work ok on one of them.

Crisses
----
"...we are constantly confronted with the choice of what kind of
person we are becoming, and to exist is never to be finished with
this kind of choosing...people are condemned to freedom."
  -- Gerald Corey, Theory and Practice of Counseling and
Psychotherapy (Sixth Ed.), p. 147, regarding the works of Jean-Paul
Sartre.