[pmwiki-users] Preformatted Text and Paragraph Indent

The Editor editor at fast.st
Sun Oct 15 16:45:23 CDT 2006

One thing that has irked me for a while is users that accidently leave
a space at the beginning of a line and then write a long paragraph,
messing up my display.  Is there some way to disable it?

Better yet, is there some way that if there is one or more spaces at
the beginning of a line they are each automatically converted to
 , allowing what they intended in the first place, a nice
paragraph indent.  It may expose my age, but I kind of still like
paragraph indents myself...

Also, somewhere along the way I broke the * and #  markups (ul) and
(ol) in my ZAP magic boxes.  I was using double line breaks for
delimiters between fields, and so decided to replace them with [[<<]]
instead to avoid problems. But now I need to find a better way to do
this that still allows these.

Does anyone know exactly what the pattern has to be to trigger the
markups?  I would look at stmarkup.php but the expressions are all
gibberish to me.  I use urlencoding/decoding to get at what's actually
being done (only way I know to override PmWiki's behavior a bit).  But
can't seem to get the right combination to unlock the mystery of these
pesky little markups.

Cheers,
Caveman