[pmwiki-users] Relative links

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Oct 13 07:38:25 CDT 2006

On Fri, Oct 13, 2006 at 12:23:23PM +0100, Steve Glover wrote:
> In message <84lknkh493.fsf at 1stein.org>, Stefan Schimanski
> <sts at 1stein.org> writes
> >What about
> >
> >  [[http:/yourdirectory|Bla]]
> >
> >It gives you a relative link (relative to the current host). As long as
> >you don't mix the protocols like http and https this should do what you
> >want.
>
> Cool. I'd never realised you could do that. There's no danger of it
> being browser-dependent?

I tried this a couple of years ago, and there was at least one
major browser where it didn't work.  I don't know if that's still
the case, but I've always tried to avoid it.

Of course, PmWiki already has a built-in "Path:" InterMap entry to do
relative links, thus:

    [[Path:/yourdirectory | Blah]]

becomes <a href='/yourdirectory'>Blah</a> in the output.