[pmwiki-users] How to set RSS feed channel link properly?

Roman romat2 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 04:14:30 CDT 2006

By default, PmWiki sets channel link inside of RSS feed to
{$PageUrl}?action=rss. I think this is not good for two reasons:

1. According to RSS specification it should be URL of the website
corresponding to the feed, not URL of the feed itself.
2. If we accept that the link is URL of the feed, it is correct only
in simple cases. When the feed is generated with paremeters (count=,
list=, order=, etc.) then link inside feed does not correspond to the
feed and gives different results.

I wanted to change this and set $FeedFmt['rss']['feed']['link'] to
$ScriptUrl. I'm using CleanURLs, so $ScriptUrl is set in my config.php
to something like 'http://www.domain.com'. But when I look to
generated feed I see feed link like
'http://www.domain.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php'. How could it happen? How to
set feed link to clean URL (of course, in a not hardcoded way)?

Thank you in advance
Roman