[pmwiki-users] config file and getting started

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Oct 12 21:35:20 CDT 2006

On Thu, Oct 12, 2006 at 07:23:23PM -0700, Trish Harris wrote:
> Hi --
>
> We are hoping to implement pmwiki.  I've unpacked our
> tar file and set directory permissions.  We can't get
> the config file settings (everything from page title
> to admin passwords) to "catch," and we still cannot do
> anything to/with our wiki.
>
> I feel as though we've missed steps 6-42 somewhere --
> we are using the help/install guide we found at
> sourceforge.  Sould we look elsewhere for basic
> install help? We just want to get the wiki loaded and
> running.

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Installation is the
normal guide for installing PmWiki.  (Out of curiosity,
where's the help/install guide at sourceforge... I'm not
familiar with that.)

If the instructions there aren't working for you, please let
us know and we'll help you figure out what's going wrong.

A quick note: Although the sample configuration file is stored at
docs/sample-config.php, it has to be copied into a file named
local/config.php before it will have any effect.