[pmwiki-users] Attach: variants

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Oct 11 16:05:57 CDT 2006

On Wed, Oct 11, 2006 at 03:55:55PM -0400, Henrik wrote:
> General question though: Does Attach: allow the GroupName/PageName
> format? Because if NOT, it would be nice to be able to dispense with the
> "." in Attach:GroupA./mypicture.jpg, but I'm sure you've thought of this...

"Attach:" allows (actually requires) the GroupName/PageName format,
since attachments can be organized on a per-page basis.

Technically, what happens is that everything before the final slash
is sent to the same routine that determines the pagename for [[link]].
So, Attach:XYZ/mypicture.jpg is really the same as writing
Attach:[[XYZ]]/mypicture.jpg, which means "mypicture.jpg as
attached to the XYZ page".