[pmwiki-users] export question

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 13:55:24 CDT 2006

I just received a question about PmWiki: "If at some point, we decided
to move onto a Content Management System, how easy would it be to
strip out our data?  Does it export to XML?"

It still amazes me that I can create functional websites without
knowing enough standard web-terminology to even know what this
question means -- PmWiki is so wonderful!

But anyway, I don't know what "strip out the data" would mean, nor how
xml and html differ (for the sake of this question).

I'm pretty sure the answer is no, anyway -- seems to me, it is what it
is.  Right?  Does this user's question suggest they're assuming PmWiki
uses a database structure? Would it be pertinent (if not impertinent)
to observe that one can always grab the html code for a page via one's
browser's view >> source option?

Thanks for any hints!

Tegan