[pmwiki-users] Auth User: Expiration of session

kirpi at kirpi.it kirpi at kirpi.it
Mon Oct 9 15:00:18 CDT 2006

> > ...is there a way to change that?

> ...the actual expiration time can be affected by the
> setting of session.gc_maxlifetime in other PHP applications
> running on the same server.

I would restate the original question: is there an *easy* way to
change (read: force) expiration after a certain amount of time?
Something (as an example) that we can set in config.php?

I recently experienced a weird behaviour on my site (hosted on a
shared hosting service).
Until now inactive sessions expired after a stable amount of time
(something about 20 minutes, if I remember right). Out of the blue
things changed: one day inactive sessions do *not* expire at all, the
next day ther expire regularly, the day after again they do not
expire, and so on...
Not reassuring, indeed.

Apart that "session.gc_maxlifetime" thing (which I wouldn't know where
to find and how to touch, I ever I was given the right to), is there a
way to force idle sessions a quit?

Luigi