[pmwiki-users] Lightbox and moo.fx

Jon Haupt jhaupt at gmail.com
Sun Oct 8 19:34:21 CDT 2006

On 10/5/06, Miriam H. <sweet_babie_bunnie at yahoo.ca> wrote:
> Does anyone know of a way to wrap:
>
> lightbox.js
> http://www.huddletogether.com/projects/lightbox/
>
> AND
>
> moo.fx
> http://moofx.mad4milk.net/
>
> in pmwiki?
>
> These are two script effects that I find extremely elegant
> and efficient for photo/content display, but the enable
> html/javascript option in cookbook
> (http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/JavaScript-Editable)
> doesn't work for this.
>
> Bets

I got lightbox to work.  I had to do the following:

- install lightbox in a folder on the server
- add the necessary javascript to the HTML headers using
$HTMLHeaderFmt in config.php
- add the CSS to the necessary pages either by adding it to the skin
template or through a local CSS file or (in my case) StylePage
(Cookbook/CSSInWikiPages)
- fix the URLs in the CSS and lightbox.js so that they pointed to the
right place in the server

Then you can cause an image to be handled using lightbox by setting
%rel=lightbox%.

I couldn't figure out how to set the <a title= attribute.  I'm not
even sure if this is possible--anyone know?

Anyhow, I'd bet you'd have to follow the same general strategy for moo.fx.

I'd be willing to write this up into a recipe if anyone was
interested.  Maybe I could go into a little more detail.

To see it working, go here: http://josquin.us/Test/Lightbox

Jon Haupt