[pmwiki-users] PmWiki group configuration for dummies

Donald Z. Osborn dzosborn at gmail.com
Sat Oct 7 22:15:28 CDT 2006

A couple of questions from a true non expert in this:

1. When I create a new wikigroup that's simple enough. (I believe that that
is reflected only in the file(s) added to the wiki.d folder - ?)

2. Changing a skin in the config file is straightforward.

3. BUT, when it comes to setting skins for groups, I don't follow. In one
place it seemed like there were alternative suggestions to add lines in the
config file (but I didn't get the syntax) or create local/Group.php files. I
think I'm missing an essential piece of the logic in how all this is set up

My need is to set up 50+ groups (initially of one page each) with
* a skin setting for each (all the same to start but option to change
individual ones later)
* different language settings (many English, many French, a few Portuguese.
I'll get to the language later, I think, but maybe those commands should be
done at the same time; language will be set once and for all for each case,
in principle
* password setup: one existing edit & one admin for all, but with option to
set individual passwords for groups

What is the simplest way to do set up such configurations for multiple
groups? What is the most flexible way to do this? Are these the same?

Thanks in advance for any pointers

Don