[pmwiki-users] OpenID bounty

Thomas -Balu- Walter list+pmwiki-users at b-a-l-u.de
Fri Oct 6 07:54:37 CDT 2006

On Thu, Oct 05, 2006 at 01:47:10PM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> ...that's a requirement for meeting the bounty, yes.  But
> I'm suspecting that they expect packages to use a pre-existing
> OpenID library somewhere, and I'm wondering about the license
> for that library, and if I'd run into compatibility issues
> with that library and some of my other plans for PmWiki.

I've also just quick-searched the pages, but I can not find such a
requirement.

What I would not like is the requirement to "advertise" openID:

* Place an OpenID logo in the signon form (as on this site).
* Answer "What is OpenID?" (or link to an answer) near the signon form.

And there are some issues with openID afaik - I like the decentralized
idea, but if e.g. a spammer sets up an identity provider this can easily
be exploited.

     Balu