[pmwiki-users] Blogger Support.

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Fri Oct 6 03:21:22 CDT 2006

On Oct 6, 2006, at 4:03 AM, Stirling Westrup wrote:

> Clearly, the pages being deposited are already in HTML, so we aren't
> going to be putting them into editable PmWiki pages, but I would still
> like to be able to create links to them, show them in a skin, and
> possible generate lists of them with some sort of hand-made
> (:bloglist:)
> markup.
>
> Does anyone have any pointers on how I should get started, or where I
> might go for further info?

I'm not sure how you might go about this.

I have WordPress (http://eclectictech.net/etblog/) attached to a
PmWiki site (http://eclectictech.net/wiki/).

I used the same template I created for PmWiki, and messed around
until it looked almost identical in WordPress.  I use XMLRPC
(BloggerAPI) for content editing in both WordPress and PmWiki.  I
used an incoming RSS feed in the PmWiki template to show the latest
WordPress post headlines in the PmWiki sidebar.

Is there a reason that you're not using the blogspot pages directly?
Blogger's template is a joy to work with, much easier than WordPress
was, with the exception of the thin top navigation bar, which they
only offer in 4 colors -- however as a designer I have to commend
them in keeping it neat and tidy, taking up very little screen space,
and giving people 100% control over the rest of the site look.

Aside from the blogspot/blogger branding on the top of the screen,
one other issue is that people are technically leaving your site.
However, compare my client's site:

http://lucidmarketing.com
and click the blog link.  I templated their Blogger account to match
their website.  All the navbuttons on Blogger, with the exception of
the Blogger bar, go right back to the Lucid Marketing site.  A
visitor might not notice they left http://lucidmarketing.com.  In
every case we made it as easy as pie to return to Lucid Marketing's
site.

There's nothing stopping you from doing this with PmWiki->Blogger-
 >PmWiki.

So to figure out your options, I would like to know more about your
needs.

Crisses