[pmwiki-users] Dumb Question.

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Oct 5 11:56:50 CDT 2006

On Thu, Oct 05, 2006 at 12:27:29PM -0400, Stirling Westrup wrote:
> I've just started working with -Draft and I've run into a minor problem.
> I've noticed that the list=normal doesn't show drafts, which is usually
> what I want. However there are a few pages where I want to list the
> drafts along with the regular pages.
>
> What's the best way in PHP to create a $SearchPatterns['drafty'] which
> is identical to the $SearchPatterns['default'] but removes the lines
> which exclude pages named *-Draft?

Did you mean "identical to $SearchPatterns['normal']" here?

There's not really a good way to create new list= options based
on existing ones.  However, I could make it such that it's easy
to remove the '-Draft' exclusion from list=normal ... would that
work?

> BTW, my attempts to find documentation on the whole Drafts feature was
> quite frustrating. It took me an hour or so, and without searching the
> mailing list for discussions about it, I may have concluded that it was
> merely proposed, but not implemented.

Documentation pages welcomed!  Also, we still need to come to
some decisions on http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PITS/00755 ; I just
haven't had a chance to get around to this yet.  It should definitely
happen as part of 2.2.0-beta .