[pmwiki-users] RFC -- POP3 to PmWiki

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Wed Oct 4 20:12:06 CDT 2006

On Oct 4, 2006, at 5:35 PM, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

>> So, what I'm saying is that essentially we could be doing at least
>> part of this in parallel --> the part that processes the email at the
>> receiving end can be exactly the same for both methods.
>
> .... except I was thinking I'd want to write mine in Perl instead
> of PHP.  :-(   I'm not entirely sure how to do POST requests
> from PHP, although I'm sure there must be a way to do it.
> Maybe I need to look at the PHP libraries again, but I
> didn't like the ones I saw last time I looked (a long time ago).

:)

I've done curl.  Now, we can't expect people to install curl (cf
fetchmail, procmail, GPG et al), but I think there's a pear cURL
library.  I may also be able to look through the code I've written
using Curl -- it may be that I wrote my own curl functions or found
(hopefully open) ones on the 'net.  The only problem is if it
requires libcurl... :/

Crisses