[pmwiki-users] Selecting a Wiki engine...

pmwiki at 911networks.com pmwiki at 911networks.com
Wed Oct 4 17:00:29 CDT 2006

On Wed, 4 Oct 2006 11:08:53 -0500
"Patrick R. Michaud" <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:

> As far as item #3 goes:
>   - what if there are multiple words being searched, show a
>     count for each word?

Dokuwiki [DW] shows the number of hits for the largest number:
ie: search for the string: tag blog
Found on a page tag: 12 times, blog: 6 times, it will show 12
hits

>   - show a few words before and after "the first hit" or
> "every hit"?

DW shows a maximum of 300 chars of text unformatted [I think]:

I am cutting and pasting because it's difficult to explain, but
when you see it, it makes sense.

plugin:discussion:old: 12 Hits <del>because it has been rolled
into the [[plugin:blog]] plugin
([[plugin:blog#discussion|discussion com... s better coordinated
with other components of the blog plugin.</del> because there is
a new [[plugin:Dis... ssion page exists for the current Wiki
page, this tag will create one. If a previously deleted (archive

* plugin:discussion:old: 12 Hits is in bold.

* The word blog and tag are hilited in yellow, the rest of the
text is dim.

* There is a ... between the different occurrences to max of 300
chars [I think].

--
Thanks
http://www.sqlhacks.com