[pmwiki-users] PmWiki Magazine proposed Submission/Approval Process

Sandy sandy at onebit.ca
Wed Oct 4 14:10:42 CDT 2006

> I don't think we need pmwiki.org enforcing a particular permissions
> model on its authors for the Magazine.  If I'm wrong about that, we
> can change it, but I'd rather leave it up to the authors to decide
> how each article is best handled.
>
> Pm

I'd suggest making at least one of the ideas a default, so the author
doesn't have to remember to add in extra code. (More accurately, so the
shepherds don't have to keep adding the extra code.) Would Neil's idea
of putting the commentbox in the footer accomplish that? [1]

Seeing as it's a magazine rather than a free-for-all-wiki, I think the
default should be protect the article from edits. Why go through all the
work of having the shepherds and Pm approve it, only to let someone who
doesn't quite understand the topic change it? In the same vein, comments
should default to pmwiki.org's default: as open as possible without
being spammed too badly.

[1] And if it would, it should show up only if the user is allowed to
comment on the page. If comments are allowed only to logged-in users,
include a "log in to comment" link.

Sandy