[pmwiki-users] editing sidebar

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Oct 4 10:27:47 CDT 2006

On Wed, Oct 04, 2006 at 05:19:52PM +0200, potax flan wrote:
> hello
> i deleted the code that enabled the editing of the sidebar (i think it
> was %right% [-[[Site.SideBar?action=edit | edit SideBar]]-]) so i cant
> edit it. i opened the file /wiki.d/Site.sidebar hoping that i could
> simply change whatever i wanted to, but its contents are a bit too
> brutal for me (as i understand, it keeps a history of all edits in
> that page?).

Just edit the sidebar page through the wiki -- browse to the Site.SideBar
page and then hit the "edit page" link (just like you would edit
any other wiki page).

It's very rare that one needs to be editing the files in wiki.d/
directly -- editing through the wiki interface is the "normal" way to
do this.