[pmwiki-users] Selecting a Wiki engine...

pmwiki at 911networks.com pmwiki at 911networks.com
Wed Oct 4 09:29:15 CDT 2006

On Wed, 04 Oct 2006 09:41:26 +0200
"Oliver Betz" <list_ob at gmx.net> wrote:

> great. I don't necessarily trust any ranking (as in DokuWiki),
> but context makes it much simpler to rate the results.

1. If there is an exact match with the word typed being part
of a wiki page, these pages will be listed immediately, [done
by AJAX] in a drop down menu.

2. If there is an exact match with the word typed being part of a
wiki page, these pages are listed separately at the top of the
result page.

3. Dokuwiki shows the number of times  the word occurs in the
wiki page, and shows a few words before and after the hit.

All of these is what make Dokuwiki so powerful. It's very easy
to find stuff, and this is the major weakness of PmWiki.
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Search is a major improvement
because it lists the page summary for the recipes. With this
pmwiki.org is 'almost' usable.

--
Thanks
http://www.sqlhacks.com