[pmwiki-users] Selecting a Wiki engine...

Henrik Bechmann henrik.bechmann at sympatico.ca
Tue Oct 3 11:22:54 CDT 2006

Patrick,

See http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:namespaces

Looks like the underlying implementation depends on a dynamic (matching)
directory structure and a bunch of meta data files that have to be kept
in sync. Brittle.

Personally, I think it would be more fruitful (and less brittle) to
think of the current PmWiki implementation as a *repository* of pages,
with some way of structuring hierarchies on top of that with reference
to the underlying repository. My hunch is that your page text vars may
actually help in that regard (eg (:parentnode ParentGroup.PageName:)).
Just a hunch though. Looking forward to playing with it. After all it's
not the physical repository hierarchy that matters in most cases, just
the *presentation* of a hierarchy. Might be helpful to have an analog of
(:title:) for groups ((:grouptitle Presentation Group Name:))...

- Henrik