[pmwiki-users] Find out password for one page

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Oct 2 12:03:09 CDT 2006

On Mon, Oct 02, 2006 at 06:54:30PM +0200, Mike wrote:
>    Hello,
>    similar to the recent questions about a possible password-listing script:
>    Is there a way to at least find out the current passwords for one specific
>    page? My problem is that I might set three read passwords for one page.
>    After one month, I might decide to add a fourth pw - however if I now
>    mistype any of the three previously set passwords, they won't work any
>    more.
>    What is the most clever way to add additional passwords without affecting
>    the existing ones?

There's not a clever way to do this yet, sorry.

I've been thinking of modifying the page attributes form so
that one could enter "+password" or "+ at group" to add a password
or group to the current set, and "-password" or "- at group"
to remove a password or group from the set.  But this doesn't
exist yet.