[pmwiki-users] modify wikicmds

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Sun Oct 1 05:33:42 CDT 2006

On Sep 30, 2006, at 11:46 PM, potax flan wrote:

> i want to modify the content and the placement of wikicmds, and i
> guess i need to do that by editing the .tmpl file of my skin (as i
> cant seem to find a way to do it in the skin's CSS file. Or am I
> wrong?) so what's the best way to open/edit a *.tmpl file? (i'm on
> OSX)
> i tried dreamweaver and textedit. dreamweaver just didnt work, and
> textedit opens a text file with just a few words in it.
> just tried it in the vi editor and there's a lot more there :-)  but i
> wonder if there is a more friendly app to do that.
> thanks

.tmpl is just an HTML file with some PmWiki markup.

A text editor should be fine.  I use SubEthaEdit on OS X.

BBEdit, TextEdit, vi/emacs on the command line, etc.

Sounds odd that your .tmpl file doesn't just look like a normal HTML
file.  Is it one of the public skin packages?  You can send me the
file if you'd like me to look at it (offlist).

Crisses