[pmwiki-users] Meetup? Drupal?

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Sun Oct 1 04:10:39 CDT 2006

Stirling Westrup schrieb:
> Secondly, someone else suggested that we use Drupal instead, not because
> of any particular familiarity with it (as far as I could tell) but
> because its well known and has a large user base.

You might also take a look at Joomla.
It's being used by people of varying technical background, and I haven't
heard anything about technical trouble from them.
The Joomly people say it's simple to install and administer, and that
seems indeed to be the case.
It needs a MySQL database. Tables get a prefix (modifiable).
For content markup, it uses HTML. (I'm not sure what they do about
possible XSS attacks.)

HTH
Jo