[pmwiki-users] Newbie Installation Question

Sandy sandy at onebit.ca
Thu Nov 30 13:14:37 CST 2006

David Bengtson wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I think I've got PM wiki installed and configured. I'm using it
> primarily as a lightweight CMS. I'd appreciate anyone's comments on the
> installation/configuration of the PM wiki, before I switch over to the
> wiki.
> the address is www.keystoneradio.com/wiki/pmwiki.php .
> I'm using both Google Adsense and Google Analytics to track things and
> make money for a cup of coffee a month (Cheap coffee...)
>
> When everything is fixed, I'll change the index.html to point to the php
> file.
>

> Thanks
>

> Dave

That link brings up your site, rather than the pmwiki.php source code.
What I do see looks ... like it needs a different skin.

 From what I can see, it's running and passwords are enabled.

Check out the CMS ideas in the cookbook to get rid of the Edit links
(including Edit SideBar) and prevent searches from bringing up the
PmWiki documentation. There are a gazillion ways to do it.

Are you really changing the file pmwiki.php to customize it? It's newbie
mistake number 1, and will cause you tons of grief later -- as in, every
time the program gets upgraded. Check out the installation instructions
for the index.php wrapper, and Local Customizations for the rest.

Hope this helps!

Sandy