[pmwiki-users] Is there a way to set a different password from HomePage to the other pages of a group by config file?

Elias Soong songjl at 163.net
Thu Nov 30 04:22:30 CST 2006

Hans wrote:
> Thursday, November 30, 2006, 5:09:33 AM, Elias wrote:
>
>>> Then all you need to protect are the HomePage and SideBar, using
>>> action=attr.
>>>
>>> (I'm positive there's a way to do the last step in a config.php file,
>>> but I don't see it documented.)
>
>> How to do "the last step" in config.php file is the problem which I want
>> to ask here. However, haven't found the answer till now.
>
> passwords for actions for individual pages or groups are stored with
> the page, respectively the GroupAttributes page for groups.
> You can only set them via action=attr.
> There is no way to set passwords for individual pages or groups from
> within a local customisation file like config.php, because of the way
> password attributes are stored on the pages themselves.
>
> You can only set wiki sitewide (fieldwide) passwords in config.php.
> You shall not use group or page customisation files like Group.php or
> Main.HomePage.php to set passwords, as these will not protect those
> pages fully.
>

> Hans

Thank you! Maybe my requirement need a more complex password manage
system to help list multi pages' password status, and use some scripts,
such as regular expression, to modify password for pages by one click.

I mean maybe we could provide a cookbook solution, providing a flexible
  password management GUI, and still use the PmWiki default password
storage system. Then administrators could choose the default easy one or
a more complex one, which are compatible.

Elias Soong