[pmwiki-users] Fwd: password reminders, and remembering usernames

The Editor editor at fast.st
Wed Nov 29 19:30:03 CST 2006

On 11/29/06, The Editor <editor at fast.st> wrote:
> On 11/29/06, R Creighton <email_for_rick at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> > I'd like to make login a little easier for some of my users who aren't
> > particularly experienced with computers (and who sometimes forget their
> > username and/or password).
> >
> > Is there a way of doing one or other of these things:
> >
> > 1. Setting cookies so that the username is always remembered on any given
> > machine (unless the user specifically requests otherwise).
> > (I imagine/hope this ought to be simple, and would be a tremendous help, but
> > I don't know how to achieve it.)
> >
> > 2. Setting up a system whereby emails are stored, and if someone has
> > forgotten their password, they can automatically have it reset and sent to
> > that email.
> > (I guess this is more complicated - but does anyone know of such a system
> > being implemented?  I couldn't see anything like that in CookBook.)
> >
> > Many thanks in advance,
> >
> > Rick.

ZAP can be used to send password reminders.  I don't have a snippet up
at the moment, but have one working on my live site.  If you are
interested in using ZAP, I'll see if I can't update it to work with
the latest version of ZAP and share it with you.

As for #1, I think my maching normally does that automatically.  Yours doesn't?

Cheers,
Caveman