[pmwiki-users] Now and again the odd Permission Denied error aftersubmit page

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Nov 28 07:47:41 CST 2006

On Tue, Nov 28, 2006 at 09:39:57AM -0000, Crisp, Steve [UK] wrote:
>    Still getting this problem.  Does anyone have any bright ideas?  Perhaps I
>    need to disable Page Index (.pageindex) somehow, perhaps it doesn't
>    support concurrent edits?

I don't have any obvious ideas.  The .pageindex normally supports
concurrent edits -- all updates to .pageindex are (supposedly)
done under a transaction lock via Lock(2), so that two PmWiki
processes won't try to simultaneously update the .pageindex file.

Where is the error being displayed?  Does it occur immediately
after pressing save (and the save fails?)  Normally PmWiki does
updating of .pageindex as a "background task" after any other
operations are performed, so it seems odd to me that an author
would ever encounter it.

It's possible that the error is related to the version of PmWiki
that you are running (2.1.11) -- you might try upgrading to
2.1.26 and see if that resolves things.    I know there were
some changes to pagelist.php in/around version 2.1.19, but
I'm not sure that they relate to the problem you're seeing.

Hope this helps!