[pmwiki-users] Comments

Mark Trumpold mark at ruthtrumpold.id.au
Mon Nov 27 15:39:23 CST 2006

On 27/11/06 1:34 PM, "Hans" <design5 at softflow.co.uk> wrote:

> Oh, it looks like you are using the "Comments" recipe, yes?
>
> I am not familiar with this script.
>
> I have only used Commentboxplus, which lets you add a (:commentbox:)
> or (:commentboxchrono:) markup (for chronological order of comments.
> I use it on single pages, or on a GroupFooter page for automatic
> inclusion in all group pages. Comments will be stored by default on
> the same page, which is the easiest solution. But it is possible to se
> tup separate comments pages, eithe rin the same group, or in a
> dedicated Comments group. The latter I done developing BlogSimple.
>
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/CommentBoxPlus
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/BlogSimple
>

> Hans

Hi All

I feel like my head is a vacuum at the moment (end of term approaching), so
please excuse me for not getting it all.

I have given it a bit more thought ...

What I would, 'really' like is for people to comment/discuss an issue on a
content page. I would like the comments/ discussion to be stored on a
separate page but linked to the content page. I would the like the content
page to have  box highlighting that a discussion is happening about changes
to the content page.

I see that we can have comments at the bottom of the page (easy and quick)
but page size concerns me (ethics lots of talking)

Thanks guys for al the help

Mark