[pmwiki-users] MultiLanguage vs. Attachlist

Christian Bartolomaeus bartolin at gmx.de
Mon Nov 27 02:03:53 CST 2006

Hi Mike,

* On 2006-11-26 Mike (mike at widowitz.com) wrote:
> [...]
> I'm using the Multilanguage recipe. Now I just discovered something
> weird: When the user is using the English page version, a click on
> "Attach" will display the upload form, instructions and the
> (:Attachlist:) with all existing attachments.
>
> However, when the user views the page in some other language and THEN
> clicks on "Attach" (or the translated version), he will be displayed the
> upload form, but without instructions and without attachlist. The funny
> thing is that in both cases the URL is exactly the same
> (www.xxx.com/Index?action=upload)...
>
> Any idea about where this bug might be located?

I'm not sure but I guess, the confusion stems from using translation
pages (like PmWikiXx/XLPage for language Xx). I don't use the
Multilanguage recipe but I guess it includes those translation pages
for different languages.

If you have a look at PmWikiDe/XLPage (for instance) you will see
instructions like:

  '{$SiteGroup}/UploadQuickReference' => 'PmWikiDe/UploadQuickReference',

or

  '{$SiteGroup}/EditQuickReference' => 'PmWikiDe/EditQuickReference',

or even

  'TimeFmt' => '%d.%m.%Y %H:%M Uhr',

The first one replaces the English version of upload instructions
(which are used by upload.php) with the German one, the second does
the same with EditQuickReferences and the third defines a specific
time format for german pages.

So I guess, you will have to change your XLPages as well.

Hope this helps.

Christian