[pmwiki-users] Site Admin password not working

Petko Yotov 5ko at free.fr
Sun Nov 26 18:18:35 CST 2006

On Monday 27 November 2006 02:06, Elizabeth Knittle wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am just getting started with pmwiki and believe it will be quite
> robust.  But I am having getting the admin password working.  In the
> mean time I set passwords for the pages for now as I get them set
> up.  But I wanted a password to admin. the site, and also prevent
> others from editing the site side bar.
>
> In the config.php page I have the following, ***** is shown here
> instead of my password.  I am new to php so would appreciate any help
> or suggestions.  I can not use it to overide a password set for a
> page, nor can i use it to edit site pages, nor can I set a password
> for the edit side bar - it asks for a password but it does not take
> the admin password i set up.  I checked for typos and even re did the
> install and config.php page.
>
> # $DefaultPasswords['admin'] = crypt('******');

Hi,

The "#" sign means that the line is commented out, that the PHP parser will
not read it (but the line is there for you as a reminder). So, remove this
sign to activate the password:

$DefaultPasswords['admin'] = crypt('******');

You can do similarly with:
$EnableGUIButtons = 1;

and other configuration options.

You may wish to search for some beguinners' tutorial for the PHP language, it
may help you administrate a PmWiki Installation. Check out:

http://php.net/manual/en/tutorial.php
http://www.w3schools.com/php/default.asp

Cheers,
Petko