[pmwiki-users] Cyrillic characters in edit textfield

Petko Yotov 5ko at free.fr
Sun Nov 26 13:02:32 CST 2006

On Sunday 26 November 2006 19:47, Petko Yotov wrote:
> On Sunday 26 November 2006 18:56, Bobirkhon Ismailov wrote:
> > Hello, when trying to edit some cyrillic text, the textfield shows
> > cyrillic letters scrambled (their unicode numbers, like
> > Сайт). Otherwise, when viewing the pages, the
> > letters are shown OK.
> >
> > I tried to change charset by adding
> >
> > $HTTPHeaders[] = 'Content-type: text/html; charset=UTF-8;';
> >
> > in local/config.php, but the problem still persists.
>
> Hi!
>
> Just add this line to your config.php or farmconfig.php:
>
> include_once($FarmD.'/scripts/xlpage-utf-8.php');
>
> It should work, even for page and group names, you can have a page like
> [[Кириллица]].
>

> If you also wish to have the interface translated (Edit, History, Save
> etc.), this is done in "Localisations pages", check these pages:
>
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Internationalizations
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWikiRu/Internationalizations (in Russian)

I forgot. There are some buggy browsers, that only use meta-charset, so it is
wise to add to your skin right after the line with <title></title>:

Note that you need to chose another skin or copy the original pmwiki skin,
otherwise when you upgrade your PmWiki you will lose your changes. Copy the
directory /pub/skins/pmwiki to /pub/skins/myskin and add this in config.php:

$Skin = "myskin";

Petko