[pmwiki-users] blocklists, fast set-up

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Nov 24 15:08:22 CST 2006

On Fri, Nov 17, 2006 at 09:11:37AM -0500, Sandy wrote:
> Crisses wrote:
> > On Nov 16, 2006, at 2:20 PM, Sandy wrote:
> >
> >> Trying to get blocklist going. tried
> >> $EnableBlocklist = 10;
> >>

> > try
> >
> > $EnableBlocklist = 1;
> >
> > If you're still having problems:  Are you using scripts/blocklist.php
> > or cookbook/blocklist2.php?
> >
> > Crisses
>
> Thanks, but setting it to 1 didn't work either. I'm using
> scripts/blocklist.php, which suggested setting it to 10 to get some
> blocklists automatically included.
>
> Any other ideas? It's unusual for a core feature to not work first try,
> so I think I'm missing something.

Your server/PHP configuration might be configured such that
PmWiki is unable to request the remote blocklists.  That
would be my first guess.

Try $EnableDiag=1 and ?action=phpinfo, then see if allow_url_fopen
is set.

PmWiki should probably provide a suitable warning if it's unable
to retrieve the blocklists due to configuration issues, but I'm not
sure how/where it should do it.