[pmwiki-users] How to make Site.AllRecentChanges display *all*

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Nov 24 13:41:05 CST 2006

On Fri, Nov 17, 2006 at 02:50:07PM -0500, Stirling Westrup wrote:
> Lucian Wischik wrote:
>
> > I'd like Site.AllRecentChanges to show *all* recent changes. It should
> > make a list out of every historical change to every page (going back
> > to a certain date limit), and sort this list.
> >
> > Has anyone done something like this? Does it seem like a useful feature?
> > Maybe even the useful default behaviour for PmWiki?
> >
> > I'm going to start grubbing around in pagelist.php to see if I can
> > accomplish it myself. My first impression is that it will involve
> > major changes to MakePageList, ones that can't be achieved purely
> > inside a local/config.php. It looks like a lot of work, hence why
> > I'd like to find that someone else has already done it for me!
>
> That shouldn't be that big a job. I was looking at the code for that on the
> weekend and I don't recall that it would be a very big change. Lets see...
>
> Yeah, something along these lines, inserted into config.php should work. It
> just replaces the function that saves recent changes with a copy that doesn't
> delete the old changes for a page first.

Just to put the response directly to this message... as Hagan Fox
pointed out in another response -- it's not at all necessary to
replace the function.  Just redefine the $RecentChangesFmt
entry for Site.AllRecentChanges.  From an earlier message...

On 3/17/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
>[...] Logging all edits is no problem --  it's just:
>
>     $RecentChangesFmt['Site.AllEdits'] =
>       '* [[{$FullName}]] . . . $CurrentTime $[by] $AuthorLink: [=$ChangeSummary=]';
>
> The key to getting this to work is to make sure that there *aren't*
> two consecutive spaces in the formatting line (unlike the standard
> RC entries which use the two spaces to figure out what's the same
> and what is different).

This probably needs a Cookbook recipe or FAQ or something like that.