[pmwiki-users] About attachments and uploaded files

Sandy sandy at onebit.ca
Mon Nov 20 09:37:42 CST 2006

Angel Rodríguez wrote:

> Now I have to maintain
> a large collection of files, and I’ve set up my config file to making it
> for each page, I mean, I create a folder for each page and I put there
> the files of that page.
>
> When I use “[[(attach:) nameofthe.file]]” the link doesn’t refers to the
> file previously copied into the folder, but create a new link to make an
> upload with that name of file. I’ve put a lot of files, and I’ve
> supposed that if the file already exists, using that tag, the pmwiki
> would resolve the link successfully.

I don't upload files very often, but it sounds like what you're doing
should work.

Are they image files? By default [1] image files show up as images
rather than attachments.

Only other thing I can think of is:

1. Uploading a few through the slow method: “[[(attach:) nameofthe.file]]”

2. Check to see that it's really putting the files where you expect.

3. Create new files with the same name and over-write the old ones.

4. Use the wiki to download the files and see if you get the new ones.

That testing would rule out several simple problems. Beyond that, you'll
need someone else's help.

[1] PmWiki defaults are almost always changeable.

Sandy