[pmwiki-users] passwords and farms

Scott Connard connard at dsg-inc.com
Fri Nov 17 14:56:14 CST 2006

Sandy wrote:

> H. Fox wrote:
>
>> On 11/16/06, Sandy <sandy at onebit.ca> wrote:
>>
>>> I now have a multi-field farm. (Yay!!!) Most of the fields will
>>> be CMS
>>> use rather than wiki -- one admin, few writers, lots of readers.
>>>

>> As you suspect, it's because this line
>>
>>          include_once("$FarmD/scripts/authuser.php");
>>
>> needs to come *after* the lines you put in config.php.
>>
>> One approach (that I haven't tried) is to make these the last two
>> lines of your farmconfig.php file:
>>
>>          include_once("local/config.php");
>>          include_once("$FarmD/scripts/authuser.php");
>>
>> Another approach is just to move the line out of farmconfig.php and
>> into each wiki's config.php.
>>
>> Hagan
>>

> Method 1, moving it all to the local field worked. Sorta was hoping I
> could do the admin password from the farm, but it's not a big deal.
> Definitely not the sort of bug which will hide away and
>
> Method 2 makes me nervous. In the core program, there might be
> something
>   called between farmconfig.php and local/config.php that this method
> misses. I do like the PHP include_once function.

The admin password is not an authuser account.  It is just a
password.  As such I don't think it needs to be defined prior to the
include_once(authuser.php).  Even if it does, you should be able to
put the $DefaultPasswords['admin'] = 'yadayada'; into your
farmconfig.php which will then provide you an admin password for the
entire farm.

What I did with my farm was to include the DefaultPasswords['admin']
in my farmconfig.php to control all of the fields.  Any field that
required authuser did their own include_once(authuser.php) after
defining any users or groups that weren't placed into the
Site.AuthUser wiki page.

Doing this does NOT require including local/config.php in
farmconfig.php.

Scott.