[pmwiki-users] list of categories including subpages

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Sat Nov 11 22:31:44 CST 2006

On Nov 11, 2006, at 9:34 AM, Shaney Crawford wrote:

> I have tried using page text variables and customized pagelist
> templates, but I have not been successful so far.  If you have any
> idea how I might automate this task please let me know.

I would use a custom script.

I have a script triggered from http://similepedia.com/index.php/Main/
AddSimiles that creates simile pages.  The categories on the simile
entries are created automatically.  See a simile entry at http://
similepedia.com/index.php/Simile/
GallatinCanyon:McGuaneThomas:BriggsRanAlongsideIn as an example.  All
the category links (except those created by the tag box are created
by the script).

If someone makes a similar plug-in for you, it can open and update
the relevant category pages for you at the same time the page is
saved, as an example.  It's not a very simple task, but it's not a
huge undertaking either.

Crisses