[pmwiki-users] Is there a way to set a different password from HomePage to the other pages of a group by config file?

Sandy sandy at onebit.ca
Fri Nov 10 12:06:30 CST 2006

Elias Soong wrote:
> I need to set all the HomePage and SideBar password to be "@nopass", and
> all the other pages of all groups to be "id:*". Is there a way to set
> this by config file? Because there are too many groups in my wiki,
> setting this by "?action=attr" on hand is really a heavy work...
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> Elias Soong

Are you sure you want @nopass for those two pages? That will allow
everyone to edit them. I suspect you want @lock, to lock a page for
everybody but the admin.

My suggestion:

In the field's config.php,

#Lock down the important stuff:
$DefaultPasswords['admin'] = crypt('youradminpassword');
$DefaultPasswords['attr'] = crypt('yourattrpassword');

#By default, everything else can be read and edited by all registered users:
$DefaultPasswords['read'] = 'id:*';
$DefaultPasswords['edit'] = 'id:*';

Then all you need to protect are the HomePage and SideBar, using
action=attr.

(I'm positive there's a way to do the last step in a config.php file,
but I don't see it documented.)

You may also want to set an upload password. Not sure whether the
default allows uploads or not.

For more info, see
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/PasswordsAdmin
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/AuthUser