[pmwiki-users] my site is being defaced by comments

Sandy sandy at onebit.ca
Thu Nov 9 10:54:51 CST 2006

Neil Herber (nospam) wrote:
> Sandy wrote:
>> Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud <at> pobox.com> writes:
>>
>>> As written, the CommentBoxPlus recipe appears to be insecure -- it
>>> basically allows content to be written to any page, including password
>>> protected pages.
>>>
>>> Pm
>>>
>> Any progress on this, or can someone recommend another method? A spammer has
>> found me. :-(
>
> Update to the 2006-11-01 version. It should plug the hole.
>
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/CommentBoxPlus

Turns out I was using GuestBook. Think I've removed it from everywhere.

I've put in the new CommentBoxPlus. First 10 minutes have been
spam-free. Default colours even look half-decent with the rest of the
site. If that fails, I'll sit tight until Pm's finished his Insert
action and related bits.

Sandy