[pmwiki-users] Path to skins question

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Wed Nov 8 10:18:16 CST 2006

Wednesday, November 8, 2006, 3:50:59 PM, Patrick wrote:

>> I can't give an absolute path on the commercial hosting server.

> Why not?

Because I have no access to the server. I just rent space.
I know the url paths, but not the filepaths, only from the site root
upwards. Is there a variable giving me the site root, which i then can
use in SkinLibDirs?

> You also didn't answer my earlier question -- what's not
> working?  Is it not finding the skin directory, or is there
> some other problem?

It is a farm setup. The fields work fine but without style sheets,
the path to the skins are wrong. All skins are in
public_html/farm/pub/skins/

> Have you checked permissions on all of the relevant directories --
> i.e., the directories in the farm/pub sequence?

There is no permission problem AFAIK.

Pm, I am confused about you saying

>> $SkinLibDirs = array(
>>   "./pub/skins/\$Skin"      => "$PubDirUrl/skins/\$Skin",
>>   "$SiteRoot/public_html/farm/pub/skins/\$Skin" =>
>>     "$FarmPubDirUrl/skins/\$Skin",
>>   ));
>>
>> There should be an easy answer to this, but it evades me. Any ideas?

>The above seems like it should work.

How can it work if $SiteRoot is not defined?
How can I determine the site root directory?

Hans