[pmwiki-users] troubleshooting warning errors

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Nov 7 08:44:59 CST 2006

On Wed, Nov 01, 2006 at 03:14:39PM -0500, Miriam H. wrote:
> I'm sure this is a repeating problem, but I'm getting the
> following error messages and can't get rid of them.  I've
> tried CMOD 777 wiki.d to no avail.
>
> On some pages, nothing shows up except the folloing error
> message
>
> Warning: session_write_close()
> [function.session-write-close]:
> open(/tmp/sess_0e45a0d1c7ae9d22fe22c8a00967b015, O_RDWR)
> failed: Permission denied (13) in
> /home/lmmpann/public_html/pmwiki/pmwiki.php on line 1613

It's almost certain that something is wrong on the server --
it looks as though the /tmp/ directory has been mounted
without write permissions for the webserver.

This is totally outside of anything having to do with
PmWiki, as it's either a server or PHP configuration error.
You might try contacting the server administrator.