[pmwiki-users] Zap form not working

The Editor editor at fast.st
Tue Nov 7 03:46:21 CST 2006

On 11/7/06, Tom Cato Amundsen <tca at gnu.org> wrote:
> Hello
> I'm trying to use Zap. I have tried the snippets at
> http://www.fast.st/zap/pmwiki.php?n=Snippets.SaveData
> and the examples in the section 'Simple ZAPforms' on
> http://www.fast.st/zap/pmwiki.php?n=Code.Overview
>
> When I write something in the form submitts, no data is
> stored but the message say 'Form submitted.'. How can I debug this?
>
> I'm running pmwiki-2.2.0-beta15 and Zap from Nov 6, apache 2.2.3-3 from
> debian testing.
>
> config.php:
>
> <?php
> include_once("$FarmD/cookbook/zap.php");
> ?>

Unless you change the default settings you will need to log in for zap
to work--using identity based permissions (authuser).  That could be
the problem.  Password permissions aren't enough for zap.  It has to
do with the way it handles security.

Unfortunately, there's not an easy way to get error messages back when
a user fails to have adequate permissions.  Maybe I could work
something out for this.  Also, I may have to remove the requirements
for identity based permissions, if this is a problem. It's probably a
bit of overkill anyway...

Can yo send me a form snippet to look at?

Cheers,
Caveman