[pmwiki-users] GroupHeaders and GroupFooters

Chris Cox ccox at airmail.net
Mon Nov 6 11:02:34 CST 2006

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 06, 2006 at 10:50:35AM +0100, Florian Fischer wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> i have a short on how to limit access to groupheaders and
>> groupfooters to admins. Is it possible to generally disallow
>> normal user with edit rights for a group to edit these pages?
>> Or do i have to set explicitly edit pw on every page?
>
> At present you would need to set an edit password on every
> GroupHeader and/or GroupFooter page -- there's not generic
> way to say "password-protect all GroupHeaders".
>
> If you simply want to eliminate groupheaders and groupfooters
> altogether (so that GroupHeader/GroupFooter are not automatically
> included in a page's display), that can be done by setting the
> following in local/config.php:
>
>     $GroupHeaderFmt = '';
>     $GroupFooterFmt = '';
>
> Pm

How about something like this in config.php:

$GroupHeaderFmt = '(:include MyHeaders.{$Group}
basepage={*$FullName}:)(:nl:)' . $GroupHeaderFmt;

(I could be a bit off on the syntax... Pm, could
you take a look?)

The idea being to include MyHeaders.GroupName for
the group called GroupName.  Then you could simply
protect the MyHeaders group.

(and then do likewise for footers)