[pmwiki-users] ZAP modules

The Editor editor at fast.st
Thu Nov 2 06:42:51 CST 2006

Hi all!

I found a way to seamlessly add modules into ZAP so users can download
just the modules they want and only enable specific features where
they want.  I was tired of trying to maintain a ZAP and ZAPlite recipe
so I made a ZAP and ZAPplus which are actually two separate recipes
that work together.  So if I change one or the other, it won't involve
changes in the others.

ZAP includes all the login and data processing features.

ZAPplus adds emailing, file management, and uploading

ZAPnews (coming soon) adds mailing list management, and sending

ZAPcart (next) will offer shopping cart capabilities

The new downloads will not involve any change in your site, except of
course you will need to enable each module separately in your config
file.

I also deleted the extensive commenting in ZAP as they accounted for a
full third of the code, and I have extensive documentation and many
samples on the support site. I was having difficulties keeping all the
different places with documentation current.  Now there is just one
place for documentation:  www.zapsite.org.

Any feedback on this change would be greatly appreciated. I will be
uploading the new modules later today--but may try and get a beta of
ZAP news up and running first.  Thanks again to all who have helped
with this really fun project!

Cheers,
Caveman