[pmwiki-users] New PmWiki Features Page . . .

Sandy sandy at onebit.ca
Wed May 31 16:28:33 CDT 2006

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Wed, May 31, 2006 at 01:52:27PM -0400, Sandy wrote:
>
>>We need a much shorter page for the _entry point_. First impression
>>should be "Neat! I want to learn more," rather than a huge list of
>>features and big words to slog through. Think cover letter, resume and
>>job interview. What are the top ten good things new users (admin and
>>authors) say about PmWiki?
>

> I'm not a reliable source, but here's eight of the things I hear
> about most often (not really in any particular order):
>
>     1.  Flat file database
>     2.  Customization/plug-in architecture
>     3.  Local customizations survive upgrades
>     4.  Easy to create skins
>     5.  Small, compact core design
>     6.  Easy to install and administer
>     7.  Outstanding community and support
>     8.  Flexible authentication and authorization

You know, for an _entry point_ , what's already at

http://www.pmwiki.org/

is hard to improve on. Answers why wiki and why PmWiki.

I don't understand 1., so don't know if it's important for this page.

Add 5, 6 and 7 and that's the page I'll send my father and friends to.

The new Features page is for an audience that's comparing products in
more detail.

Sandy