[pmwiki-users] I need a bookmarklet ...

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Tue May 30 20:45:02 CDT 2006

On 5/30/06, Neil Herber <nospam at eton.ca> wrote:
> I have looked at the bookmarklet recipes in the cookbook, but neither
> one does what I want.
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/AddLinkBookmarklet
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/OtherBookmarklets
>
> When surfing away, I find a bit of interesting text on an obscure page.
> I highlight the text.
> I click on my soon-to-be-installed magic bookmarklet.
> A new edit window opens on my wiki with some random name (or with a
> predefined name, like bookmarks), and pasted in the window, ready for
> saving, is the URL of the original page, a blank line, and the text I
> had highlighted.

How close is this?

   http://www.pmwiki.org/pmwiki/uploads/Cookbook/cmsb-addlink.php

I use it all the time (but up until just now without the selected-text
feature).  It creates links with markup like this:

:[[http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/PmWiki|PmWiki | PmWiki /
PmWiki]]: PmWiki is a wiki-based system for collaborative creation and
maintenance of websites.

(A definition, where the web page's title is the link text for the
definition term and the selected text is the definition.)

Hagan