[pmwiki-users] pagelist is creating links relative to the current group?

Martin Fick mogulguy at yahoo.com
Tue May 30 15:50:12 CDT 2006

--- "Patrick R. Michaud" <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:

> On Wed, May 24, 2006 at 10:27:06AM -0700, Martin
> Fick wrote:
> > [...]  It always seemed weird to me to have an
> > edit link in a pagelist so a default in the
> > Site.PageListTemplates might be to not even have a
> > link, but rather just the plain group name.
>
> Most people naturally expect a group name to link to
> the
> "default page" for the group, if it exists.  Failing
> to provide
> that link goes against the normal expectation, and
> we'd get a lot
> of requests from people asking "How do I get the
> group name in a
> pagelist to link to the group's home page?"

I think that you cut off an important section of my
post in your reply (and I may not have been very
clear). :)  I was specifically refering to the case
when a GroupHomepage was non-existant and the edit
link appears with the question mark.

If we are in a pagelist, I think that it should only
return links to existing pages and the non-existing
pages should be just blank text (in this cas the group
name).

-Martin