[pmwiki-users] New PmWiki Features Page . . .

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue May 30 12:58:49 CDT 2006

On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 11:09:36AM +1200, John Rankin wrote:
> And thanks to you for creating an interesting discussion.
>
> One observation: a deciding factor for me in picking pmwiki
> several years ago was that it had what one might call
>
>     a coherent and thoughtful design
>
> A feature list is a snapshot in time; good design persists.
> I'm not sure how to capture "well-designed" in a list of
> features. Maybe it's too subjective -- I just know that there
> is a difference between what's countable and what counts.

I think that something like this ought to go very near the top
of the Features page.  I think that any "Features" page necessarily
contains some subjectivity; and this is indeed part of the
design.  Indeed, the PmWikiPhilosophy *is* one of PmWiki's features
and is frequently mentioned in third-party reviews of PmWiki.