[pmwiki-users] (:subtitle:) markup

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Sun May 28 14:45:48 CDT 2006

On Sun, 28 May 2006, Américo Albuquerque wrote:

> Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> (::)
>> I know that having (:title:) "active" from included pages currently
>> goes against the expectation of a lot of authors, so it's probably
>> better to make the default that pages receive their titles only
>> from (:title:) directives in the page itself.
>>
> Or you could do a mix with the SDV function. The (:title:) would only
> set the title if it hasn't already been set. That mean that the page
> (:title:) would have precedence to the included ones but that the
> included ones would work if a page didn't have a (:title:) set

I'm not sure I understand your idea exactly, but I think the author might
still be confused when his page doesn't contain (:title:), and he includes
some other page that does contain (:title:).  In this case the fix is
quite easy of course, the author has to manually set the title of the
original page. It might still be too surprising however.

/C