[pmwiki-users] Behaviour of (:pagelist fmt=...:) with bad format argument

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Sun May 28 08:21:42 CDT 2006

What is the indented behaviour of (:pagelist fmt=...:) when it's argument
is incorrect somehow?

I think that for instance

 	(:pagelist fmt=#doesNotExist count=10:)

should result in some kind of error message if the anchors
[[#doesNotExist]] and [[#doesNotExistend]] don't exist.

See here for a test case

 	http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/PagelistWithUndefinedFormat

where instead you get a quite surprising behavior.

While I am at it, it'd be nice if the anchors could be written as follows:

 	[[#someFormat]]
 	[[#someFormatend]] (or [[#someFormatEnd]] or [[#someFormat-end]])

that would make it clearer to read in my opinion. Is this possible today?

regards
/Christian